PS2201 grade A ups mil 1399, 901d/a , 167, 461 approved by NAVSEA in writing (ask for a copy)
Features of the R2 and R3 version. new Text readout LCD metering panel display, stainless steel cabinet with MIL 461 filters 1980watt output, same form fit, function as our original PS2201, same mil connectors. Tested for MILstd-461 with mu-metal added for shielding. Testing performed by US Navy.
PS2201 version 2 now available with the same voltage and amp ratings. Better specs 6 mil in, 1mil out
Powered with Energizer Batteries
|PS2200SSr3||UPS POWER SUPPLY tower Stainless steel 2.2kva Grade A (see below)2 mil con 1 mil in net card||NSN 6130014924306|
|PS2201-r3||UPS POWER SUPPLY 2.2kva MIL901D-A,mil 1399,mil 901 tower Stainless steel cover louvered (6) MIL-in 1 mil out 16.75”D x 6.75”W x 8.5 network card||NSN 6130014924306
add: ps9631 card ethernet 100bt,dry contact, environmental
mil 1399 mil 901 mil 167,mil 461 mil approved in writing. – foundation available at optional price
461 option- internal or external power cord 461 filter option
The PS2200-2mil-2201SS-6mo-pi defines the electrical and mechanical characteristics and requirements for a continuous-duty single-phase, solid-state, uninterruptible 1980 watt output UPS.
Power system utilizing Powerchute shutdown software powerchute.
The uninterruptible power system, with shipboard power, referred to as the PS2201 UPS,
This UPS is used for the Moriah Wind ,Navair, Admacs block 2,CVN, and DDG51 programs, LCS, and OK520 winch on the MCM. It has 6 output ms31xx connectors and one input connectors and a 30 amp ap16-32740-200g shock circuit dual pole breaker mil 1399 . NSN numbered
will provide high-quality AC power for sensitive electronic equipment loads at 1980 watts output.
1.2 STANDARDS /Powerstar
- 120VAC 50/60hz auto
- UL Standard 1778, UL1449, mil 901 mil 167 mil 1399
95% efficiency at full load
- FCC Part 15, Class A
- navsea mil 901,mil167,1399 and 461 certified by navy/NAVAIR
We customize to your requirement such as premium temp batteries. 50°C NSN number
Shipboard power/rugged ungrounded with cannon ms31xx connectors for rugged service.
1.3. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
1.3.1 Modes of Operation
The UPS is designed to operate as a uninterruptible power supply in the following mode at 1980 watts output.
- Normal – In normal operation incoming AC power is fed to the input, conditioned and applied to the connected equipment. In this mode, power is also derived from utility power for the battery charger. In the event of a utility outage or severe abnormality (sag or swell), the UPS will support the connected load from battery power, until the battery is discharged or the utility returns; whichever occurs first.
- Battery – Upon failure of utility / mains AC power, the critical AC load is supplied by the battery.
- Recharge – 3 hours torechargeUponrestoration of utility / mains AC power, after a utility / mains AC power outage, the input converter automatically restarts and resumes supplying power to the connected load and the battery charger to recharge the battery.
c1. Every 2 weeks unit self tests its batteries and inverter properties and will alarm (and beep) if test fails.
- Automatic cold Restart – Upon restoration of utility / mains AC power the UPS automatically restarts and assumes supplying power to the critical load and the battery charger.
- An optional manual bypass switchallowyou to bypass the ups to keep the power going in emergencies. Optional Battle-short
1.3.2 Design Requirements
- Voltage: Input/output voltage specifications of the UPS are:
- 120V Units: 74-154 VAC, 60/50 Hz, single-phase, 2-wire-plus-ground, dualpole ungrounded with 30 amp dualpole breaker for shipboard or shore requirements
- 106-127 VAC Units: 120 VAC +3%, 60/50 Hz, single-phase, 2-wire-plus-ground. 1980 watts output
- Output Load Capacity: Specified output load capacity of the UPS is:
- 2200 VA/1980 Watts at 0.9 lagging power factor ..
- Internal Battery: Valve regulated, non-spillable, flame retardant, lead acid cells.bothregular and premium hi-temp versions are available or PREMIUM hi temp long life battery 8-12 year life.
- Reserve Time: 2200 VA minimum 9.7 minutes, these times are at full load with ambient temperature of 25oC (77oF). 4 12v 17 Amp/hour batteries Optional hi temp long life ‘H’ series or ‘X’ Extreme series rated -40°C to +50°C 12 year life with 2 year shelf life (stored with full charge)
- Battery Recharge: The UPS contains a battery recharge rate designed to prolong battery life. Recharge time for UPS internal batteries is three (3) hours maximum to 90% capacity after a complete discharge into full load.
1.3.3 Performance Requirements to mil standard
126.96.36.199 AC Input to UPS
- Voltage Configuration: The UPS operates at 120 VAC nominal; single phase without drawing power from the batteries. The input voltage can be adjusted to operate within the range of 74-154 VAC.
120 VAC; single phase, 2 wire plus ground nominal; variable based upon output loading:
- Frequency:UPS auto senses input frequency when first powered up and will operate within the following frequency specifications. The UPS is capable of auto sensing input frequency of 50/60 Hz @ 120 VAC +/- 3%. With the AVD option, we can autositch the frequency and voltage
- Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge energy rating is 880 Joules, .
- Full time multi pole noise filtering; 0.3% IEEE surge let through; zero clamping response time.
- optional Input EMI filters are employed in accordance with MIL-461 per the corcom 461 filters installed in the ups
188.8.131.52 AC Output,
- Voltage Configuration:
120 V Units: 120 VAC, 60/50 Hz, single-phase, 2-wire-plus-ground configuration 120v or 230v
- Voltage Regulation: + 3% steady state.
- Frequency Regulation: 47-53 Hz nominal for 50 Hz, 57-63 Hz nominal for 60 Hz, Synchronized to utility / mains.
- Output Line Distortion: less than 3%
- Output Power Rating: 2200 VA/1980 Watts at 0.95 lagging power factor.
- Crest Factor: up to 5:1
- G.Filtering: Output EMI filters are employed in accordance with MIL-461 which are optional
- Waveform: Sine wavewithcorcom and captor 461 filters
184.108.40.206 Output connectors
- (6) MS3102r16-10S circular connectors ms31xx connectors or: other options
- 461 certified R3 version.
1.4 Environmental Conditions
- Ambient Temperature:
- Operating: 0°C to +40°C for altitudes 0 to 3000 meters (0 to 10,000 ft.) above sea level, or batteries can be upgraded to -15°C to 50°C with 10 year life. (with 60°C limited events)
- Storage: -15° C to +50°C (-5O°F to +150°F) with batteries removed.
- Storage elevation 15000 M max.
- 20°C (+ 68°F) for optimum battery storage.
- Relative Humidity:
- Operating: 0 to 96% non-condensing. with drip proof stainless steel louvers for drippage
- Storage: 0 to 96% non-condensing.
- Audible Noise:
Noise generated by the UPS under normal operation does not exceed 50dBA when measured at 1 meter from the surface of the UPS.
- Electrostatic Discharge:
The UPS is able to withstand an electrostatic discharge compliant to ENC61000-4-2, level 4, for 120 VAC, 208 VAC, and 230 VAC units (15 kV through air, 8 kV contact) without damage and will not affect the connected load.
1.5 USER DOCUMENTATION
Manual is available.
The UPS manufacturer warrants the UPS against defects in materials and workmanship for (2) Years. This is a limited warranty Please contact us for RMA # before returning unit. We will need the serial number for tracking purposes. Warranty includes battery.
1.7 QUALITY ASSURANCE
Manufactured in a ISO9001 environment in USA
1.7.1 Factory Testing
per ISO9001: Before shipment, the manufacturer fully and completely tests the system to assure compliance with the specification. These tests include operational discharge and recharge tests on the internal battery to assure performance.
1980W output 120VAC Line interactive UPS
The UPS is manufactured and fabricated in accordance with UL class A, MIL-STD -901D and MIL-STD-167,mil 461 as tested and certified. The shell is stainless steel 304. Manufactured in USA.
All materials and components making up the UPS are new, of current manufacture, and have not been in prior service except as required during factory testing. All relays are provided with dust covers.
Wiring practices, materials, and coding are in accordance with the requirements the standards listed in section 1.2 and other applicable codes and standards. All wiring is copper.
PS2201ss-gradeA-6mo-6pi-r3 has 6 military MS3102r16-10s, A 6 foot long Power cord with 5-20p, and includes 3 EMI inline filters, EMI glass window over control panel, EMI shielding Air Vent on side, and High G rated military circuit breaker on rear. Batteries are accessible from the removable front panel and can be replaced while unit is on ACMAINS.
The UPS unit is comprised of: input converter, battery charger, inverter, and battery consisting of the appropriate number of sealed battery cells 4 12v 17 A/hour ; and is housed in a tower NEMA type 1 enclosure and meet the requirements of IP20. The UPS cabinet is cleaned.
Chassis is fabricated from 304 stainless steel. It can be passivated as can all of your units.
MODEL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D) WEIGHT
17.0” x 8.0” x 22.0”
(43mm x 20mm x 55mm)
115.0 lbs. (52.1kg)
135LB shipping weight – 4 to a pallet
The UPS is forced air cooled by internally mounted fans. Fan power is provided from the internal power supply. Air intake is through the front of the unit and exhausted out the rear of the unit as well as the side of the cabinet. PS2201SS-GradeA-6mo-6pi-r3 includes EMI shielding air vent.
220.127.116.11 AC Input Current Limit input voltage range 82-144v, input range adjustable range 75-154v
The input converter is provided with AC input current limiting whereby the maximum input current is limited to 125% of the full load input current rating
18.104.22.168 Input Protection
The UPS is supplied with a MIL-STD Hi-G force double pole circuit breaker in accordance with MIL-STD-901D and MIL-STD-167. The circuit breaker is rated at 20.0A
The UPS has built-in protection against under voltage, over current, and over voltage conditions including low-energy lightning surges, introduced on the primary AC source. The 120 VAC models can sustain input surges without damage per criteria listed in IEEE 587 CAT. A & B.
22.214.171.124 Battery Recharge
The UPS contains a battery recharge rate designed to prolong battery life. The battery is constant current charged to restore capacity, then shall be constant voltage charged to maintain the battery in a fully charged state. Recharge time for the internal UPS batteries shall be three (3) hours maximum to 90% capacity (full load discharge rate). There is DC over voltage protection so that if the DC voltage exceeds the pre-set limit, the UPS will shutdown automatically and the critical load is transferred to bypass mode.
126.96.36.199 Output Protection ship certified
The UPS employs electronic current limiting circuitry.
188.8.131.52 Battery Over Discharge Protection
To prevent battery damage from over discharging, the UPS control logic automatically raises the shutdown voltage set point; dependent upon output load at the onset of battery operation.
2.2.3 Display and Controls
2 line text readout normally showing Metering information Voltage, Amp draw, Watts, VA, % of battery charge, approximate runtime with its current load. The Metering will convert to reading out Alarm messages if there is an alarm. The UPS has Green, Red, and Orange LED lamps as well for a quick indication of unit status- Green is Good- Orange on Battery- Red= Come look, there is a problem. Unit will also BEEP if there is a problem.
The UPS is provided with a microprocessor based unit status display and controls section designed for convenient and reliable user operation including internal diags. The monitoring includes functions such as status and alarm, battery level and runtimes. Unit self tests every 2 weeks and will alarm if battery pack is beginning to get weak.
184.108.40.206 System Indicators See Display above.
2.2.4 On-Line Battery Test
The UPS is provided with an automatic biweekly battery test feature (factory default). Via the set-up configuration program on a Windows based PC the automatic battery test can be disabled or configured to operate every 7, 14, 21, or 28 days.
The battery test will ensure the capability of the battery to supply power to the inverter while loaded. If the battery fails the test, the UPS will display a warning message to indicate the internal batteries need replaced. The battery test feature is user accessible by the push button located on the front of the unit and with Communications Software. The Automatic Battery test feature is capable of being disabled through the User Configuration Program.
2.2.9 Configuration Program
An included Windows tm based (Win95 or later) Configuration Program and cable allows for configuration of UPS features and operating parameters to meet specific application requirements, if required. Options that are configurable via this program include:
220.127.116.11 Automatic Transfers
The transfer control logic automatically activates the bypass, transferring the critical AC load to the bypass source, after the transfer logic senses one of the following conditions: UPS overload
- UPS over temperature
- PFC failure
- DC Bus Over voltage
Once overload condition is reduced, the load is automatically transferred back to inverter power.
2.2.6 Internal Battery
Valve regulated, non-spillable, flame-retardant lead acid cells are used as a stored-energy source for the specified UPS system. The battery is housed internal to the UPS cabinet, and sized to support the inverter at rated load and power factor, with ambient temperature of 25 O C (77 O F) for a minimum of 7 minutes reserve time. The expected life of the battery shall be 3 – 5 years or a minimum 250 complete discharge cycles. The UPS units have the capability to allow the operator to replace the internal battery.
2.2.7. Output Distribution
Output distribution is integrated to the UPS, and located on the rear of the unit.
2.2.8 Communication with Powerchute
The UPS includes one slot for optional communication options such as 100bt ethernet. Optional humidity & temperature sensor for PS9631 card.
18.104.22.168 PS9620 DB-9 Serial Port option
Option: The UPS contains a DB9F (9-pin female) connector on the rear panel to allow UPS status communications to a computer system. The DB9F contains photo couplers to signal on battery and low battery operational status. The UPS is also capable of receiving a signal supporting Powerchute shutdown software. This card uses the one available smart slot which the PS9630 or PS9631 or PS9635 use.
2.2.8 Communication Options
USB is a standard port in the UPS.
PS9631 SNMP with External Temp or External Temp/ humidity monitor
PS9635 also supplies Modbus, Ethernet, and Dry contact closures, Temp /humidity.
EPO Emergency Power Off contacts are included standard.
PS9630 option delivers SNMP and Web management to the UPS when connected to any 10 or 100 Mbit Ethernet network. The card supports 10 and 100 Mbit Ethernet and provides for in-the-field upgrade of SNMP firmware. The kit includes the card, software and installation manual.
Relay Interface Card
PS9613 RELAYCARD-INT option provides dry contact closures for remote monitoring of alarm conditions in the UPS, delivering signals for On Battery, Low Battery, Summary Alarm, UPS Fault and On UPS. PS9613 is hardwired.
Also available is PS9613/DB25 which has a DB25 socket interface for legacy connections.
Optional Bulkhead mounting by Powerstar Inc. for mounting ups to ship- grade A mount
All hardware supplied. Steel weld-able plate with 4 tapped holes for bolting a supplied cage over the UPS to the plate. The cage holds the PS2201 firmly in place and does not obstruct air flow. The Steel plate can be welded to the hull.
Ø Shipboard Delta Power
Ø 304 Stainless Steel Chassis
Ø Adjustable voltage sensitivity
Ø Adjustable voltage-transfer points
Ø Audible Alarms
Ø Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown
Ø Automatic self-test
Ø Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
Ø Cold-start capable
Ø Generator Compatible
Ø Hot-swappable batteries
Ø Intelligent Battery Management
Ø LED status indicators & LCD text readout display
Ø Network manageable
Ø Power conditioning
Ø Predictive failure notification
Ø Resettable circuit breakers dual pole
Ø Safety-agency approved
Ø USB Serial Connectivity
Ø SmartSlot ä
Ø Temperature-compensated battery charging